I was reading up on Pete and Ashlee news wondering how the newlywed expectant parents to be are doing and smiled when I came across an article he did with PEOPLE. He seems content and excited about their baby’s arrival in a few months. The proud father to be has been reading books, watching movies, talking with his dad getting fatherly advice, and most importantly, being supportive and doting towards his wife Ashlee.
Here are some of the highlights of the interview he did with PEOPLE at his Angels & King nightspot in Chicago with Ashlee.
– “I’m reading a lot of books. The biggest one is The Expectant Father. It’s a really good one.”
– “The best advice my dad has given me was, go with your gut. And he said you can’t really have expectations. If I have expectations that he’s going to be a rock star, I’m sure he’ll come out being into sports, and if I have expectations that he’ll be into sports then he’ll be into math or something.”
– “I’m just going into taking it one step at a time, and I’m just excited to meet the baby.”
– “We’ll baby-proof the house,” he says, “getting the nursery ready.” Regarding its theme, “It’s not a secret, but it’s more of a private thing. I haven’t really figured it out yet, so I don’t want to go out there and say what it is and then have it not be that.”
–”Contrary to the stories out there, we don’t know the sex of the baby,” he says. “I’m a person that always likes to be surprised, so I like to wait for the surprise.”
– “Ashlee’s a trouper. She’s been really good with this. She’s probably one of the most health conscious, spiritually free pregnant women I’ve even been around.”
So sweet. It made me smile!